With my third 365 Project (i. e. take a photograph everyday for a year) still going on, I’m constantly uploading new photographs, and recently there’s been a trend where many of those photographs are edited with the newest addition to our product range; The Sunflares Pack.
It’s something I’ve been using on and off for the past two years, spending many hours experimenting with the effects and how to get the best results.
As I post these new photographs online, I’m inundated with requests to see the before / after examples, and requests for tips on how best to apply the sunflares to images to make them look as best as possible.
So in this short post I thought I would share some new before & after examples, and some older ones, which are rather dramatic…!
use the arrows on the left & right of the photos to click forward & backwards
All of the photographs “before” the sunflare have been processed in Lightroom – so they’re not totally raw. However this is pretty much my routine:-
1. Import my photographs into Lightroom
2. Edit them
3. Export the photographs into a dated folder, such as:- 2014_01_01
4. Any photographs I think would suit a sunflare, I open in Photoshop.
5. I then go through the sunflare images I have, and try a few, until I find the one which suits the photograph in question.
I’ll even add 2-3 sunflares, depending on what type of effect I want – what I love about the sunflares is that they’re totally customizable – one sunflare is nice and subtle, another is seriously powerful.
Then there are different types, so you can add a little warm glow, and then some rainbow flare as well – which means every sunflare on every photograph can look unique and as realistic as possible.
Try “The Sunflares Pack”
If you haven’t already got your copy of The Sunflares Pack, which is compatible with Photoshop, Gimp, Photoshop Elements etc. Then I highly recommend you give it a try.
There is a nice and affordable pack called “Starter Pack”, which you can try, and if you want a larger pack later on, you can upgrade without paying twice (our system will email you with this option after you’ve purchased).
The benefits are endless, but just to list a few, see below:
- They look like real sunshine.
- They mimic sun flares and sun bursts
- They add light to images which are somewhat dull.
- Easy to use
- Quick to apply
- Work on almost any photograph – both indoors & outdoors.
- Suitable for Portraits, Landscapes, Still Life, Nature, Food etc.
- Large range of colours and strengths of sunflares
- Totally unique to you as you can customize them easily (instructions to do this are in our “How To Guide”
- Excellent High Quality Resolution for Printing
- Suitable for winter, autumn, spring & summer photographs as there are varied sunflares for each season.
- Suitable for client work – such as wedding photography, portrait sessions, and event photography.
The list really does go on.
Order your copy:-
Take a look at the official The Sunflares Pack page for a lot more Before & After examples. Including full details on what’s inside the packages, what options are available to you, and the additional benefits of using a package like this.